After many months working on it, I am happy to reveal and announce that the North American Wii U eShop title, ZaciSa’s Last Stand, will be launching in Europe in late Q1 of 2015 as ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension! Originally launched on July 3rd 2014 in North America, this brand new version for Europe regions will contain a major upgrade to the game, including new features, maps, improvements and more. North Americans have been enjoying this challenging and highly addicting gameplay ever since launch, now it’s time for our Europe friends to have their turn!
ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension! is a Tower Defense genre type of game. Featuring an enemy race that wants to destroy your base, you must protect yourself at any cost by building different bot weapons. Different bots have different abilities and strategies, such as the Sentry bot who’s main role is attack to the Helper bot whose job is to slow down and freeze enemies in their tracks to Drone bots who are mobile and can move as they like around each map. ZaciSa offers a challenging but fair difficulty that will leave you trying to come up with new strategies to survive each wave of enemies as the levels get harder and harder.
The game will launch in Europe with 12 different maps, 6 more than where launched with the North American version. These include different type of space varieties and different gameplay challenges to overcome. Some maps feature only one base, while others will feature multiple bases giving you more of a challenge to protect them all or let them die. As an indie cross-over, both Wii U eShop indie games BLOK DROP U and PING 1.5+ have a themed map. These 2 maps features gameplay aspects of their respective titles. For example, the BLOK DROP U map actually allows you to play the hit physic-based puzzle game while you are trying to play ZaciSa.
The game features three different modes. Hard, Easy and Endurance Mode. Hard is the default mode that is the most challenging, while Easy will start you out with a little more starting money and enemies do less damage. Endurance Mode is a different approach that doesn’t feature any levels, but a non-stop wave of enemies that get harder and harder until you can face them no more.
Other features in the game includes:
- Off-TV Gameplay so you can play the game without the need of the TV.
- Local and Online Leaderboards. Score and challenge your friends online for the best scores in each map. Are you the best? Prove it!
- Miiverse Posting. Post your end game screen to everyone on Miiverse to brag about your new high score and show how awesome you are.
- Local Co-Op Gameplay. You and up to 4 other friends can play the game. With the use of extra Wii Remote Controllers, you can take direct control of the mobile Drones and conquer the map! BROK DROP U map also features a co-op gameplay allowing your friends to aim their Wii Remotes to the screen and destroy BLOKs and help you out.
- 60 FPS Gameplay. Get the most out of the game at silky smooth goodness.
ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension! is currently aiming for a late March 2015 release date in Europe with an expected launch price of €2.99 / £2.49. The game is in the final stages in being finished and will be submitted to Nintendo in a few short weeks. To help make up for the game being late to Europe, I will be having a special 1/2 launch sale to make up for this lateness. This means that during the 1st week, you will be able to get the game for €1.49 / £1.19.